On the 25th of October 2022, the Indonesian Directorate General of Immigration under the Ministry of Law and Human Rights officially announced the rules and requirements for a Second Home Visa through the Circular Letter Number IMI-0740.GR.01.01 of 2022.
According to the Indonesian Government, the Second Home Visa was launched as a “non-fiscal incentive for foreigners to stay and contribute positively to the Indonesian economy in the midst of increasingly dynamic global economic conditions”.
What is the New Indonesian Second Home Visa?
A long-term, limited-stay visa permit is aimed at foreigners coming to Bali or ex-Indonesian citizens and/or their families.
It is meant for those who want to move to Bali long-term and settle in Indonesia and contribute positively to the growing Indonesian economy.
It is not a working permit, you cannot earn any money whilst on this visa.
Features of the Second Home Visa
- Foreigners can stay for 5 or 10 years once conditions are fulfilled.
- Non-working activities such as investment, tourism, and others.
- Second Home Visa allows their holders to sponsor family members with the same duration visa permit (for followers).
Requirements of the Second Home Visa
- Foreigners can easily apply for a second-home visa through the Indonesian Directorate General of Immigration’s web-based application (visa-online.imigrasi.go.id)
- Copy of passport (min. 36 months validity)
- Proof of Funds in foreigners’/sponsors’ bank account (must be placed in Indonesian state-owned banks) of min. Rp2,000,000,000 or the equivalent.
- Certificate of luxury property ownership in Indonesia.
- Recent color photograph with white background.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Applicants of the second home visa must pay a non-tax state revenue (PNBP) of Rp 3,000,000. For those who would like to pay for a second-home visa outside of Indonesia, it can be done through the PNBP online payment portal.
When is the Second Home Visa going to be available?
According to the latest Circular Letter, The Second Home Visa will be available 60 days after the letter’s issuance or on the 24th of December 2022.
Source: SURAT EDARAN | NOMOR IMI-0740.GR.01.01 TAHUN 2022 | 25 October 2022
Stay tuned for more details!